Monday 8 July 2024

Blog book update

A word about 'blog to book' business this morning. 

I know that I am not the only blogging pup whose human likes to convert my posts to a hard copy hardback book, and I am pleased to report that on Gail's bookshelves she now has twelve volumes of these so-called 'blog books' - the first (dark blue) from the Hamish the Westie blog, the next nine (lighter blue) covering the entirety of my predecessor Bouncing Bertie's distinguished life, and now we have, in red, two volumes recording my eventful first two and a half years. 


Hmmm. I expect you have, like me spotted, that 'Nice Nobby/Naughty Nobby: Volume 2' is a bit bigger than my Volume 1 and indeed all the earlier volumes. 

Now why would that be? 

Gail explains that all the earlier books were produced by an outfit called 'Blog2Print', but much to her horror, when she logged on to their site last last month she found a farewell message, announcing that they had 'closed their digital doors'. 

After a brief panic, she got googling and found an alternative called Pixxibook, and decided to give them a try. 

The Pixxibook product uses A4 sized paper and the text and pictures are formatted in a slightly different way than in the Blog2Print books, as you can see in the comparison below (biggify the images if you want a clearer look).
Blog2Print book format

Pixxibook format

Gail tells me Pixxibook offers fewer options for modifying the formatting. The photos vary in size but mostly come out larger that in the Blog2Print books, and she thinks the text is arranged more neatly on the page. Overall, we are both happy with the Pixxibook result. After all, who wouldn't want bigger pictures of me? 

It might be a tad more expensive, but of course I'm worth it! 

We are wondering if any of our readers have experimented with other 'blog to book' options? 

13 comments:

  1. What a great thing to do with your blog posts! N ow the blog will be like yearbooks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s nice to have them and you can sit down at the powers out and go through and look at the pictures or if the internets down I sometimes think about that all of the pictures require electric power and our Internet to look at even the ones on my external drive require power.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Well, Nobby, I am impressed! Also glad that Gail was able to source another printer, for this is an excellent record to keep on the shelves. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom did the Blog2Print books until Mitch passed. They are wonderful books to have and yes, you are worth it, Nobby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course you're worth it, Nobby. Lovely memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I like the large pages better. I too saw that Blog2Print was closing shop.
    The last book I printed was 2018 to record Angel Madi's last year. I like to cover on your new book and thanks for the info
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're glad Gail was able to find a printer for your blog, Nobby. We think the bigger pictures of you are better too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mama keeps saying she is going to do this...She is glad Gail found an alternative printer, and she is going to go visit the site and bookmark it for future use.
    Thanks so much for the info!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use 'blog to book' and think they are pretty good. I actually like it that there are not loads of different options - it's all pretty straight forward. You can also get the print to PDF version which is very cheap and anice way of keeping a digital back up copy of your blog if the book itself is too expensive

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it is because you have bigger adventures

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nobby, it is nice to see your adventures have already filled two books. Interesting to read your review. I ordered books for my old blog "The Life of Riley" (about my two late Golden Retrievers Riley and Enzo) from Pixxibook five weeks ago. There has been a muck up getting them from their printer in Australia to New Zealand, so I'm still waiting, but will add my thoughts on things when the books arrive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UPDATE My blog books arrived two days ago, and I am really happy with them. Great to see a random display of different sized photos on glossy paper. It was an easy process to order, and despite the courier company losing my books for over a month, Pixxibooks communication was great and when I contacted them, they reprinted the books and sent them via a different courier company from Australia to NZ. The only thing to be aware of, as there are few options to change the layout, is that any captions under photos are printed within the text. I saw this before ordering, and for future blogs will not use captions under the photos but I like the books enough to order again. As a bonus, the first print arrived today (5 & 1/2 weeks after ordering) so now have two sets, and when I contacted Pixxibooks today to see if they wanted one set returned to Australia, they told me to keep both sets so doubly happy with their customer service.

      Delete
    2. Gail says: good news that your books arrived and you know have two sets for the price of one!

      Delete

We love it when you woof back!