Monday 8 April 2024

Wild weather weekend in Torridon

If you think I am looking a bit moody in this picture taken in our cottage garden this weekend, then all I can say is the weather was a whole lot moodier...
I don't think I've told you yet that Gail finally got around to replacing the phone with the faulty camera, and she can now once again take photos that are reliably more in focus, and so does not have to discard twenty pictures for every one that meets the (not very exacting) quality standard for this blog.

So anyway, being a broad-minded sort of a chap, and recognising that Gail is thrilled to be able to produce non-blurry images of our lovely NW Scotland landscape once again, I've even decided to let her slip in a couple of photos taken on outings over the past few days which don't feature me. 
 

Finally, shall I let you into a little secret? Gail couldn't work out why I was being so bold and venturing into the stormy waters of Loch Torridon, as I am usually a bit wary when waves are crashing against the shore. Well it seems she didn't realise until after she stopped filming the wee video below that I'd detected the remains of a fairly recently deceased sheep caught up in the seaweed and was I keen to investigate further...

15 comments:

  1. Wow, what wild weather you have there!
    Ick on the sheep....though we pups wouldn't say ick, though, BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    Well Nobby, I think it must have smelled fabulous for you to venture into those feisty waters. Mind you, I did spot some hyoomans apparently voluntarily dooking in similar conditions here at St Andrews, so maybe I'm missing out on something? Not sure my sense of adventure stretches far enough to find out... Hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great landscapes Nobby - I love the wind hurling upward the water however - lots of similarities with the place I plan to start building a house later this year. Water is frequently being hurled skywards off the sea as the wind comes crashing down the hillsides and hits the water in spinning tails-offs. As for dead sheep - a a child I used to make my pocket money pulling wool off dead sheep and selling it. There is a certain parfum that one never seems to forget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful wild landscapes. I love all the moss and lichen on the ancient fallen trees and rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos Nobby, but my goodness the water doesn't look inviting! You are very brave - I don't think I would want to dip so much as a paw in there.
    This morning we went to the dog park for the first time in months and I had a really good run round with some super friendly dogs and a nice lady gave us all treats! Then we went for a walk along by the sea to celebrate my birthday. I'm 9 years old today! Now I'm going to have a nice nap - being a whole year older than I was yesterday has worn me out!
    Love,
    Paca xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday Paca! Sounds like you're having a fun day.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Nobby, I am just about recovering this morning!

      Delete
  6. Your landscape is just gorgeous, Nobby and you are very brave in that wild surf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just happy to see that you did not take a roll on that dead sheep, if the water had been calm this could be a different story. the new phone is taking spectacular photos, of you and the landscape.. glad the storms have abated, and you are all safe. Just came from Yam rocking and rolling in Grey in this same storm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does look like some wild weather you are having, Nobby. Too bad you didn't get close enough to better inspect that sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grand photos, Nobby. I was glad to see your lead attached in the video as you seemed quite willing to dart into the crashing waves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nobby as the saying goes happy MOM happy Nobby. Very happy Gail has a new camera BECAUSE the photos are spectacular. WOW I would sit staring at them all the day long. The wind they call Mariah was kicking up the surf and blowing the scents your way. You (or your nose) was being quite brave.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Such beautiful pictures of your moody weather Nobby and what a great find. I think we would even have ventured to the edge of the water to sniff a deceased sheep!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those pictures are gorgeous. Even bad weather photos that you take are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whatever kind of phone that is, boy, it does have a great camera! It is a crazy time of weather you all are having there! You are always ready to brave the weather to have a great walk!

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you woof back!