Friday 23 February 2024

FFF: The Angus Special


Er, hi, this is Angus the Black Labrador here. Woof woof!

My irrepressible WFT neighbour Nobby has suggested I do a guest post on his blog this week, to fit in YAM-aunty's Final Friday Feature slot.

I'll admit I hesitated at first, not really having much of a clue about the whole blogging business, but Nobby's a persistent wee fellow, and he said go on Angus, it's a piece of cake, and told me I should just ramble on about any old topic, and maybe someone out there will read it. Or maybe they won't. It doesn't really matter.  

As I'm a lab, of course he had me at "piece of cake". 

So first let me tell you a bit about myself. I am seven years old and I live right across the road from Gail and Nobby with my owner Jim and his wife Maggie. I used to get lots of walks in the park, but unfortunately Jim hasn't been so well these past few months and so Gail has been taking me out for an hour or so every Tuesday afternoon. 

I'm rather relieved that Nobby stays at home on these walks because, to be honest, he can be a bit 'full on', whereas I am a calm and sober type and I don't much like pesky little terriers jumping all over me. 

Gail took these photos of me in the park this week, saying if I posed among the crocuses this post would also qualify for the LLB Gang's 'Nature Friday', whatever that is. 

I'm sure you are admiring my sleek and glossy black coat. 

After our walk, Jim generally invites Gail in for a cup of tea and I sit quietly on the sofa listening to the conversation. 

Don't tell Nobby, but this week Gail praised my conduct in the park and told Jim she has far fewer "nervous moments" when out with me than when her own ball-thieving explosion of mischief in canine form is on the loose.

Well that's all for now. Maybe I'll be invited to post again sometime, although it has been pointed out that Nobby will preview my contribution and, while he's let it go this time, he might in future be inclined to censor any unflattering references to his behaviour...

Woof woof! 

17 comments:

  1. Angus, you are a fine-looking chap. It was generous of Nobby to encourage you to write a blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we will keep that secret dear angus... and we are thank you to Gail for being such a super neighbor...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angus, you are a very handsome boy, and it's nice to see and hear from you. My owner, (Carol) has had 5 Labradors and 2 Golden Retrievers in the past and says they were all super dogs. I'm a Boston Terrier probably crossed with a Staffie, so I'm inclined to behave very much like Nobby! I do hope we hear from you again.
    It's very kind of Gail to take you out for a walk, but I hope you don't show Nobby up too much!
    Love,
    Paca xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari Om
    Angus, I am so glad you accepted Nobby's offer to come share his blog. It is a delight to meet you...and count me envious of your spring scene. I am sitting in The Grey wrapped in the duvet because winter ❄️ returned...yes, snow and rain (we call it sleet). I hope you will make another guest post before too long. Hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx (ask Nobby about that...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a very handsome Lab, Angus, and we're very happy that Nobby encouraged you to post on his blog. We are loving all of those beautiful crocuses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We can't really imagine a calm lab as all the ones we know are crazy dogs, wild, tennis ball fixated and out of control. How nice of Gail to give you a walk and get you some exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Good Job you did, Angus and you are one fine looking and oh so handsome lab.. I am so happy Gail finds time to take you to the park and hope your dad feels better soon so you can get back to walking. Will be waiting to here from you again and i am sure it will be full of redacted markings about WFT antics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angus, my immediate thought, on viewing your portrait, was "Good Boy!" Gail: the turn of phrase "ball-thieving explosion of mischief in canine form" is classic! And makes a perfect subtitle for the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, Angus! You're a grand looking fellow. I'm so glad you're enjoying your walks with Gail. But surely you weren't referring to Nobby with that "pesky little terrier" remark?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Angus! You took to this blogging thing like a pro! And you are so very handsome (Rosie has a crush on you already!) And crocuses already! Spring is around the corner! Gail is a very good walker so you are lucky to have such a good friend to help you and your humans out!

    Rosie and Redford

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so nice to meet you, Angus. How wonderful of a neighbor Gail is to take you to the park once a week. We enjoyed hearing all about your adventure and you look marvelous sitting among the crocus blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  12. First Nobby thank you for being so kind as to let Angus be a guest FFF.
    Angus you had me at Lab. I have quite a fondness for all Labs. Currently Jack,a 9 year old black Lab is the only resident Lab on our street. He shares his senior status Maggie the Australian Terrier, who is 13. These two are smitten with each other too. Out of the homes on the cul-de-sac on 2 don't have a dog. Angus well don on your pose and what a gorgeous blue sky you and Gail enjoyed. Greetings to Jim and Maggie
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gentleman you are Agnus, and you do look handsome surrounded by the Crocus! How nice it is to meet you!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Angus ~ you are one handsome and smart doggie ~ sweet and beautiful photo of you among the crocus ~ hope to see you again real soon~

    Hugs to Nobby ~ miss seeing you `

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So nice to meet you, Angus. You guys had us at cake too! Yum
    Your fur-iends,
    Wilson and Elsa 🐾

    ReplyDelete
  16. First, thanks to Nobby for sharing his space with Angus. It sounds like Angus has a lot of hard things to deal with and we are grateful to read that Gail is able to help make his life a bit better (and likely reduce Jim's guilt about not being able to walk Angus like we know he would want to). Gail and Nobby are clearly both very generous neighbours. Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you woof back!