Monday 26 February 2024

All spiffed up for Agatha

Was Gail right in thinking I needed to be all spiffed up ahead of the monthly Aberdeen and shire Fox Terrier walk this weekend? 

On Saturday morning she declared: "Surely Nobby you want to look your best for your WFT girlfriend Agatha tomorrow."

So I was subjected to a bath (with shampoo - the horror....), a light strip and trim of my winter furs including my beard, ears and, oh the indignity, a close clip of furs around my private parts.

(I'd worked so hard at growing a long bushy beard and am not at all convinced by Gail's assertion that hipster-style facial fuzz is outmoded.)

Then on Sunday at 11 a.m. we met the usual foxy gang, this month at Aden Country Park

I leave it to you to decide whether Agatha, seen here chasing me at full throttle, strikes you as the kind of gal who judges a chap on the finer points of his grooming routine...



Aden Country Park, near Mintlaw, is a fair bit north of Aberdeen and the snowdrops here were still in full bloom. Here's a nice picture of me posing quietly, Agatha being momentarily otherwise occupied...

Oh, and here's my darling Agatha, back again...
photo by Claire 

18 comments:

  1. your agatha is super cute... and wow she is super fast!!! so great to see you two... a fabulous terrier-torrent...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun you had Nobby, and my goodness you and Agatha can certainly get up a supersonic speed! You're faster than me!
    Love,
    Paca xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Well, Nobby, you have your paws full with that rough and tumble lassie!!! all that roll and skid might have undone some of the spa care work - but I guess there's always the chance of a repeat session... You do look absolultely spiffy, it has to be said! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx (from New Lanark long-stay carpark in sub-zero temps and bright sunshine!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear you're finally on the road again!

      Delete
  4. I have fond memories of Jake and Baby doing just what you and Agatha are doing, and have a few vicious looking attack photos like the on of you two at the bottom of post. I think Agatha cares not one whit if you have a beard or don't. I must say you are looking quite handsome and spiffy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What SuperFun you and Agatha had, Nobby, and I love the picture of you catching your breath with the snowdrops all around you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look very smart, Nobby. Whiskers can be so ageing. Agatha is a game girl and clearly very interested in you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dare I be contrary (compared with other commentators) and say that your handsome, Trimmed Snout allows your fangs to shine, especially in the last two photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Nobby first what a lovely day for a WFT outing in Aberdeen.
    Now
    1. You look quite handsome with your almost spring 'do' and beard trim
    2. However I think Gail was pulling the wool over your eyes when she said you needed to look spiffy for Agatha.
    3. The jury is still out on whether or not she cared about your grooming.
    Was she chasing you to get a sniff you your freshly shampooed and styled WFT self. I personally think she was chasing you just as a sport to show you she was fit.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure do look spiffy, Nobby. We love the video of you and Agatha chasing and playing with you. That looks like we did when we were much younger, but we still can go at it if we want.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We don't think Agatha would care a bit about your state of cleanliness or furriness. We have to say, as girls ourselves, we sure like her style of courting!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness, Nobby, all that snarling and chasing took my breath away. Despite the rough play, you've managed to keep a pristine look while the little spitfire Agatha looks as if she may have had a tumble in the mud.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Does Gail subject you to teeth-brushings too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am given a dental stick every day to chew while Gail brushes my furs. She also uses one of those rubber toothbrushes that you stick on the end of your finger, and puts liver-flavoured toothpaste and tries, with mixed success, to use this from time time.
      Toodle-oo!
      Nobby.

      Delete
  13. I always have to giggle wheb you r reference Agatha, as that is my sister's name, LOL!

    Nobby I do think your Agatha might be the canine form of a tomboy! LOve that last bitey face image!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! What a cutie-pie your Agatha is! You have so much fun with her!

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you woof back!