Monday 19 February 2024

Back to normal

After the toad-related trauma of a week ago, I am happy to report that things have been a bit calmer back in Aberdeen these past few days.

On Friday we went for a pleasant walk along the Old Deeside Line from Duthie Park to Cults. Where once was a railway station there is now a kiosk selling snacks and, according to Gail, some of the best coffee to be found in these parts. 

Everywhere we go, I like to make friends. Gail says that if I were to take a personality test I would, unlike her, score highly on 'extroversion'. 

While Gail was enjoying her morning caffeine fix I was having fun with the sandy coloured pup on the left here. 

His name is Cody and he was totally up for a noisy game of chase around the outdoor seating area. Apparently he is a 'griffon-mix' and was rescued from the streets in Spain a year ago. I wonder how he likes our Northern climate?

We caught the bus back into the city and of course I made another friend - human this time. I allowed her to tickle my ears, which we both enjoyed. 

Walking home from the bus stop, I paused to say hi to this fine furry fellow. I don't think he'll be too troubled by our Aberdeen winters.

Back at base, I reassured Gail that she's my best friend of all.

15 comments:

  1. ooh we agreee!!!! but how nice to see this furry pup... they are gorgoeus sadly rare this times...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a friendly chap, Nobby. No-one could resist your advances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari Om
    Well Nobby, one of the joys of being out and about is the interaction with passing strangers who all have the potential to become good pals! Hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful to make friends wherever you go, Nobby, and that portrait of you and Gail melts our hearts♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun you had with that little chap who comes from Spain. Did he teach you a bark or two in Spanish?
    The last photo is lovely Nobby, it's good to have a cuddle after a hectic day.
    Love,
    Paca xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wide social network is very good for your health Nobby - keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Nobby, you remind me of ME... I do just what you do, in parks, in grocery stores, anywere I go, I talk to people and talk to dogs. You are indeed an extrovert, hugs from one to another. Beau loves people and animals to

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nobby
    I 100% agree with MadSnapper's comment. I inherited the gift of gab from my mom and Marlu inherited it too. I will talk to anyone(thing) that is standing still. Saturday I met 3 furry friends at Seaboard. No photos though. Tucker a Prince Charles Cavalier.
    Sophie a Golden Doodle (about the size of Murphy) and her bigger sister
    Bailey a standard Poodle. I am happy to report I gave lots of ear scratches.
    Of course Gail is your bestie everything. I love your last photo.
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely time you and Gail had on your walk, but that last picture melted our hearts. We can tell that you and your mom love each other very much, Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love that last picture of you two. Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  11. We think you are a very well rounded pup Nobby....and Mama says we shuld strive to be more like you!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do think that last pup are prepared for anything winter can throw at him, BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You do have quite the outgoing personality, Nobby! Love that last image!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fine outing you had, filled with fun and good things! You are one lucky pup, Nobby!

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you woof back!