Sunday 7 January 2024

The importance of blending in

Many of my human readers will know what it's like when you go to a new school and your classmates all tease you 'cos you have the wrong clothes or haircut. 

Well imagine how I felt, rocking up to Craigmancie Farm a few days before Christmas all fluffy, clean and city-groomed, with a wardrobe comprising my smart and pristine red winter raincoat. 

Rest assured, after a couple of days of rampaging round the muddy farmyard with my five fox terrier relatives, I blended in just perfectly.

I was even able to impress my new best friend Bruno with my climbing skills, joining him on his favourite vantage point in the barn. And he was polite enough not to rub in the fact that, as resident stud dog, he is possessed of certain equipment which I now lack...

I think I am at this point supposed to say something about missing Gail terribly, and being thrilled to see her drive up the farm track yesterday morning to take me home again.

I will admit to looking forward to hearing all about Gail's holiday visiting her friend Marse and family in Tacoma (near Seattle) and in particular about Marse's two dogs, Josh and DB. As I've previously indicated, I have high hopes there will be stories about DB behaving very badly, and so any comparisons working strongly in my favour...

I shall report back on this issue shortly, after Gail has given me a thorough debriefing.
On the way home for a bath...

I hope it's not too late to wish all my lovely friends a Happy New Year! 

12 comments:

  1. its never to late to wish someone happy new year. Can't wait to see Seattle photos of friends and pets and maybe a little scenery. I am afraid i would not be climbing up there with you and The Stud, but you both look happy up there. so glad you had a great time and keep pretending you missed Gail, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you gave Gail a rapturous welcome. It's fun to spend time with friends and relatives but it's always good to get home again. Happy 2024 to you and Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so happy that both you and Gail are back, Nobby! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Well, Nobby... you look as if you may have settled into your holiday extremely comfortably. I wonder if resettlement is going as well...????? It is good to have you back with us in Blogville, I must say. Hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you and Gail. We're glad to hear you two have been reunited after your vacations and can't wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home and happy New Year, Nobby and Gail! Not surprisingly, you seem to have adjusted quite happily to life on the farm, Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home Nobby and Gail
    You were both missed very much. I wait with baited fishy breath to read all about Gail's trip and of course all the mischief DB got into while she was visiting.

    Yes indeed I remember the woes of the first day of school and wanted to blend in NOT stand out. Lucky your relatives were quick to help you to find some Scottish mud to help you blend around the farm. Thank goodness for all you treks up and down hills. I know Bruno was very impressed with your agility. Thank you and Gail for the lovely bday wishes. I just returned from a 1.1 mile walk on a lovely day in the neighborhood.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nobby, I missed you, but am so glad that you had a good time with your relatives and loved looking at the photos of you and your family. Isn't it always the way though - a bath is always the first thing on the agenda when you get home - I can't understand why!
    Happy New Year to you and Gail - and all your readers. We look forward to seeing Gail's photos of her trip.
    Love,
    Paca xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are so glad that you and Gail had a nice holiday season, but isn't it great to be back together again (well, except for the BATH). We wish you a wonderful 2024, full of adventure and treats!

    Rosie and Redford

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome home Nobby, looks like you had a wonderful holiday vacation...we are looking forward to hearing about Gail's visit to Washington!
    Happy New Year!
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nobby, we are glad you fit in with the new group and survived your time without Gail. We look forward to her many adventures. Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad you had a great vacation. It is no surprise the you made fast friends.

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you woof back!