Friday 5 May 2023

Bluebells and pigs and this and that

It's been a busy week here in the Nobby and Gail household, and I'm afraid all I have to show you for Nature Friday is a photo of me posing nicely on a bank of newly blooming bluebells. 

I was of course careful not to crush too many. 

Oh, and maybe the daffodils behind me and my foxie friends at Crathes Castle last Sunday qualify? (That's me, second from left, sniffing the grass.)

Gail thinks readers might to like to see some pictures of a bunch of somnolent pigs she cycled past earlier in the week. I was not present. Perhaps the porkers would have acted a bit livelier had I been around to bark at them...

A brief consultation with our vet friend Kirsty confirmed that the pigs are Gloucester Old Spots (spotty, of course), Tamworths (rusty brown), and maybe a mix of the two. 

The really exciting news of the week has nothing to do with nature, but I'm going to tell you anyway.  I am now formally enrolled in the Beginners' Class at Deeside Dog Agility Club. Gail used to train with Bertie there, and on Tuesday night she was warmly welcomed back into the fold and her old friends tried to remember to call me Nobby not Bertie. 

You will be doubtless hearing more about my agility antics in weeks to come. Although not next week, as Gail is apparently off to Berlin for five days to meet up with her American friend Marse and Marse's niece/goddaughter Soroa*, and I am going to stay with the relatives at Craigmancie Foxies

Oh dear, and it seems I've run out of space to talk about a big royal event that is happening down in London on Saturday...

*Soroa is attached to the Tanzfabrik studio/school in Berlin. You can read more about her dancing career if you click here  and you might, like Gail, begin to sense the existence of a parallel universe, far removed from our unexceptional life in Aberdeen...

Normal service will resume in a week. Meanwhile, do go and visit all the other Nature Friday posts in the LLB Gang's blog hop.

15 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Well done on gathering some nature photos - I am glad there was no mike attached to the post so that you could hear me squeeeing at those piggies... a sound not unlike their own!

    Oooh, I wonder if Gail will be able to watch a 'tanz' performance while away on her trip? Enjoy your family visit, Nobby dear. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We think those piggies are rather cute, but also quite lazy! Hope you enjoy agility. I am the only one that did it for some time and got a couple titles before I quit. I guess it just isn't a sport for our family but most dogs do seems to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pigs - I'm sure you would have liked them, too, Nobby.
    I hope you enjoy your agility classes - lots to exercise all parts of you, including your brain.
    Happy holidays to you and Gail in two very different places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The castle is just beautiful and we love the picture of you with the bluebells, Nobby! We know that you will do well in the agility class! Mom thinks the pigs are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wild clapping on the pig photography! i love pigs almost as much as cows. the snout photo is my favorite and cause a warm fuzzy feeling to fill my heart.
    So glad to hear you will be learning new things at the agility school and know you will be great at it. Soroa is a beautiful girl. just think how many blue bells Beau could smash with one lay down

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sniffin' Nobby...you sure do march to the beat of your very own WFT Drums.
    Yay on agility....I know you will excel at each and every event. We (well mainly me) often says to Bryan be sure to look at Bertie's Blog...He kindly replies you mean NOBBY!! Calling you Bertie or Bertie Nobby is a compliment always.
    I know Gail is quite excited to be seeing Marse and her her very talented Goddaughter.
    Lastly I could be an itty bitty bit jealous of the very beautiful colors of the auburn and black pig in the first photo. I
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nobby ~ always so glad to see you ~ hope you enjoy the agility class ~ wonderful nature activities and photos ~ awesome castle ~ great photos of the pigs ~ they are actually quite handsome ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so cute sitting among those bluebells, Nobby. Those pigs are so cute, all cuddled up together. We hope you have fun staying with your friends while Gail is away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness Nobby - agility classes - they must be much more fun than when I used to go to the gym! I'm looking forward to seeing a video of you taking on all those obstacles like the true champion you are!
    Enjoy your stay with the relatives and I'm sure Gail will have a super time with her friend Marse and Soroa.
    Those pigs are really cute.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! We've never seen any pigs around here with such beautiful coats!

    Good luck with your agility training, Nobby. I'm sure you'll be a champion!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful group of nature shots Nobby, especially the ones with you in them!!

    We can't wait to see how things go with your agility class, we bet you do very well. Have a wonderful visit with relatives...and Gail with her friend, we can't wait to hear about both!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adventure. You have lived a lot in the past year. Those pigs reminded me of snuggling dogs. How fun in agility.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nobby and Gail, enjoy your holidays! Nobby, wouldn't it be fun to take agility lessons from Soroa?

    ReplyDelete
  14. God save the King! We watched a bit of the coronation yesterday, and as commonwealth members, Lady is mixed on it. Thanks for sharing the flowers and the pigs, we have never met a pig. Hope agility involves a lot of treats! Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an interesting and fun post Nobby! You and Gail have so much going on! We are VERY impressed with you taking agility, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you woof back!