Wednesday 9 November 2022

Nimble Nobby

Morning friends! 

I am thinking of putting in a request for a rebranding of this blog. 

'Nice Nobby / Naughty Nobby' will not, I think, quite do. The 'Naughty Nobby' bit is frankly rather offensive, using an insulting word to encompass a range of behaviours including curiosity, independence of spirit, creativity, determination, courage, exuberance and more. As for 'Nice', well I put that in the category of damning with faint praise. 

I was thinking about this in Duthie Park yesterday morning, when Gail had been rewarding me for jumping up on the concrete blocks in front of the Winter Gardens. 

She says she once saw a collie running along and over the whole line of 17 blocks at speed, and tried to train my predecessor Bertie to do the same, but all to no avail. So much for 'Bouncing' Bertie!

Since I conquered this particular task at first attempt with no problem at all, I believe that, sticking with the alliterative theme, 'Nimble Nobby' would be a suitable tag for this blog. Please watch the following short (30 sec) video and tell me if you agree. 


Oh and one more thing. On Monday one of our very favourite blog friends, Cecilia, asked if we knew that there is an Aberdeen in her home state of North Carolina? Well in fact we did. The notice board behind me here gives information about the different Aberdeens all over the world. 

Including this one.

I wonder if any of my other friends live near an Aberdeen? 

15 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Well, Nobby, I wouldn't get too keen on the idea of rebranding, just yet... though if you keep showing your gymnastic prowess in this fashion, you might start thinking in terms of Nobby Knievel! And you definitely show promise that might have Gail thinking in terms of giving the agility groups another go!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail says: thank you for reminding me to enquire about enrolling Nobby in a beginners agility class next spring. I've long hoped to take part in this activity again. Nobby is without doubt faster and more agile than his predecessor Bertie ever was, but his ability to focus in the presence of other dogs remains in serious doubt!

      Delete
    2. I have exactly the same problem with the Standard Poodle!

      Delete
  2. You must have springs in your paws, Nobby! You are very good at this and very nimble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh Nobby, you are a nimble chap!
    I think that by next spring you will be able to focus on the agility class, and who knows you may come top!
    Lovely to see a video of you in action, you are a handsome boy.
    Love,
    Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, Nobby! And Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am Totally Impressed with your nimbleness and your intelligence and jumping skills. Wow! about our parks, we live in the city and there are leash laws, dogs not allowed off leash except in designated parks, the park we were in has 3 acres of fenced off leash, but we have not done that, I the MOM get nervous when there are 40 dogs runnining around. We have way to many dogs here in a small space to let them off leash. the county picks up dogs that are running loose and takes them to the shelters where Big and Beau came from.
    I did not know about Aberdeen NC but I know there is one in TX and just ran a quick search and there are many of them all over the states.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nimble Nobby well done my handsome WFT. I thoroughly enjoyed your nimble video and I vote for a chance to Nimble Nobby..::::whispering here, I think Bouncing Bertie's preference to running only applied to train platforms:::::

    OMDs what wonderful sign there in the Park about the Aberdeens around the world and a photo Bethesda Church in our very own Aberdeen. I will biggfy the sign photo so I can read all about the othe Aberdeens!!
    Hugs to you and Gail
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure were having fun running along and jumping on those big blocks, Nobby. We think "nimble" describes you perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are most definitely Nimble Nobby....No matter the Blog Title, you'll always be Nobby to us!
    xoxo,
    Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  9. We vote for Nimble Nobby...you deserve a moniker at least as auslicious as your predecessor. And as for those agility challenges leave it to the collies (horses for courses as they say, collies are rubbish with rats). Do what you are good at. Weaving around obstacles does seem slightly show-off don't you think (or is it just the treats at the end that count?) Paw smacks Mr T

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you are very nimble but I would call your blog; Nobby Knows (The Trouble I've Seen)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know a dog who lives near Aberdeen Saskatchewan!
    Boy, Nobby, you sure mastered that jumping on the big blocks very well! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are certainly very nimble, Nobby!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rosie likes to be on top of things and always walks on the curb if given the chance, but you take the cake Nobby with all your leaping!

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you woof back!