Friday 1 July 2022

A leisurely journey down to Nottingham

Gail says I was Nice Nobby for most of the journey down South.

When we stopped for a break in Dunblane, the café owner brought me a bowl of water and told me I was better behaved than her husband. (I think it was a bit mean of Gail later to observe: "Of course, that might not be setting the bar too high Nobby".)

Overnight in Moffat I was introduced to the pleasures of hotel accommodation and only once during the night attempted to have a conversation with the Cavalier King Charles spaniel residing in the room next door. I had the impression he was a bit deaf, so I raised my voice...

We enjoyed an early morning stroll through the back streets of this delightful little town Scottish town, 

I took one last look at our hotel before we continued south and across the border (no passport needed, yet,  although Gail says that might change if a certain buffoon remains UK Prime Minister for much longer).

This is my first time in England, and the Yorkshire wildlife rather took me by surprise.

Last stop before finally reaching Nottingham was an agreeable romp in Sherwood Forest. (Gail and I have been watching the excellent recent BBC series 'Sherwood' . I'm pleased to report we didn't meet any sociopaths equipped with high tech bows and arrows on this particular walk...)

So we finally reached Gail's friend Janet's house in Nottingham. Gosh isn't it fun staying in someone else's house! So many new objects to deploy as teething aids... I can't imagine why both Gail and her lovely friend were looking a little ragged by bedtime.

Naughty Nobby? Surely not! 

14 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Well, Nobby, that is a fine repawt of your leisurely and scenic trip south! (I too enjoyed the Sherwood series - brought back some memories and reminded me why I scarpered off to OZ!) Now, I hope you both have a lovely time and that you are on best behaviour as you meet all Gail's family and friends. Don't want to leave them with a naughty impression, now do you?! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness Nobby, what new experiences you're having on this trip to foreign parts!
    Just a little suggestion though, it might be as well to remember that those lovely new objects at Janet's house are someone's treasured possessions, not there for you to use as teething aids. I think it might be considered bad manners to snatch without asking first.
    Anyway, have a lovely time and we look forward to further reports.

    Love,
    Inca xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh we love your fab trip... have you seen that robin hood? and that sheriff of da forest? and we love the compliment of the cafe owner... the mama agreed, but our dad... not so much hahahahahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hotels are good aren't they Nobby? I particularly like white linen and F consistently coves it up with a sheet from home. Why would hotel owners put white linen in a 'pet-friendly' room if they objected to a bit of fur? I would watch out for those big birds tho Nobby - they look really dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure do have the adventures of a lifetime for one so young, Nobby, and the little Scottish town is so quaint and beautiful. We've heard those ostriches can kick. Be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is one big bird and might just be able to carry you off. or maybe you could ride on him. We know you are almost always Nice Nobby, so can forgive a slip here and there. I agree, why would they use things that can't have fur on them? makes no sense. you are getting a lot of new places in your bucket list of things to see and do and I am enjoying them with you. love the bright trim colors in the village. My first thought when i read Nottinham was Robin Hood, how I loved him. I love movies and books about him and have all my life. Did not know abut Sherwood and will see if our BBC channel has that one

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMDs Nobby that was kinda funny what Gail said about the lady's husband. BOL BOL You took your very own 'room' with you for the trip. Very wise.
    Happy to hear you are learning hotel dos and don'ts.
    That is one long legged feathered friend. Makes your legs look rather short.
    Happy times at Janet's and hugs to all of you
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I meant to comment on the very attractive homes on the streets where you strolled

      Delete
  8. You are on quite an adventure, Nobby! We can't wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That made me smile - just what I needed too. I love the way you give him voice and personality; he's a nice chap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You already stayed in a hotel? You are a very accomplished young dog/ Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have sure done a lot of travelling and exploration in your young life, Nobby. What a lucky pup you are!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Nobby, We have decided in spite of the political problems (who doesn't have them these days), the UK is much more dog friendly so we should move. Lady tried to explain the issues with travel and how we wouldn't like an airplane if we could find a flight, but we think a change would be good. Lady says we do need a passport and the lines are long so we have decided, to take your advice on digging from the previous post and just work on our own hole to get there. Enjoy your time in England. Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi friend, Ojo here! What an exploration! Also, what is that gigantic bird??? BARK BARK BARK! Also, what's the best thing you found to chew on your visits?

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you woof back!