Monday 4 July 2022

Who knew Nottingham could be this much fun!

 
Oh my gosh! Since I arrived in Nottingham on Thursday, I've been having such an wonderful time I just don't know where to begin...

It was thrilling enough to be staying with Gail's friend Janet and exploring her wee garden...

But then we met Sue and her cockerpoo Koda for a walk along the river by Trent Bridge and the excitement levels ratcheted up a notch. 


While Gail reminisced about a misspent youth watching her football team Nottingham Forest (you can see the stadium on the opposite bank of the river)...

....Koda and I got down to serious business,

Can you believe I was actually tired by the time we we were invited in to Sue's lovely Lace Market flat?

But of course the tiredness didn't last for long. Especially when I learned what the next day had in store... 

A National Fox Terrier Meet? BEYOND AWESOME!!!

On arrival at Chatsworth Park I paused briefly in front of the car parked next to ours, secretly hoping that my terrier brethren might think it was MY vehicle...

But not for long. Fox terrier mayhem beckoned! 

The event ended with a picnic and then for some reason Gail decided I needed a further 'calming down' walk before we headed off to see her brother and sister-in-law and I met my poodle cousin Coco for the first time - an encounter which went unrecorded on camera but involved contact between my brand new big boy terrier teeth and Coco's luxuriantly fluffy poodle ears....

  What a weekend!!!

14 comments:

  1. oooh ohhh ohhh how we wish we could be there.... a day just for the foxies... so great that you are a part of this wonderful event... it was so great to see all this fabulous pups.... thanks....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness Nobby - what a weekend - I'm exhausted just reading about it! What fun you had, and you met so many dogs. Who knew there were so many WFT's!

    Love,
    Inca xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a SuperFun weekend for you, Nobby! You would look awesome riding in that beautiful antique car!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari Om
    Gracious, what a gregarious time you are having Nobby, though pawhaps biting cousin's ears is not the best of etiquette... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! this is a LOT of Terriers in one spot, and I can tell everyone was having fun, fun, fun. you are really living it up on this trip to Nottingham. meeting new people and pups and old friends, picnics, walks and most of all PLAYTIME runing and chasing. We are feeling a little jealous over here.. oops on the fluffy ear and sharp teeth. I do hope you are still friends... did you say I'm sorry? Have your figured out you have been adopted into the Best Life Ever?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you are having a great time on your travels, Nobby. How exciting to meet so many Fox Terriers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take heart, Nobby. Your car is almost the same color as the exquisite antique next to it! But take care, my boy, Poodle ears are sensitive....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nobby you 100% met you match in Koda. What a great video.
    I'm glad they quick nap restored your energy for the Terrier Meet and Greet.
    BOL BOL Gail gave you a calming walk.
    Ummm did Coco get an ear piercing from you? I recall (I think) she is larger than you but evidently her ears are at mouth level.
    PS we like 'your convertible' too.
    Hugs
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! We get tired just watching you running and playing! What a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi friend, Ojo here! So many friends! Such great play! Such a great weekend! Hurray!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great meet up. I am sure you were the star.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We cats might look down our noses at k9s from time to time but we all have to admit we couldn't take our humans to a picnic day; it would be wall to wall cat fights with lots of hissing and spitting. At least you guys know how to keep your humans under control. It looks kinda fun. Paw smacks Mr T

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS note car name is MOG (it clearly belongs to a cat). We might not be safe at picnics but we know how to drive.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Wow, Nobby!! You sure had the best few days a doggy could dream of!

    Our furbear, MJF did a similar deed to our then cousin Murphy, and both were only wee pups...petcretary and auntie soon learned to keep all defendables such as toys and food away when they were together or else worse would ensue.

    You just wanted to try out your new fangies, right??!

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you woof back!