Monday 27 June 2022

SingalongaNobby


 Go on. You know the tune and you know you want to sing...

Any Ditch Will Do


Out on a hike, I ventured off-route
To check beyond doubt, what I thought I knew.
And right behind, someone was calling,
But I just ignored them.
Any ditch will do.  

I dived right in, I was beyond thrilled  
The ditch was mud-filled, what an awesome coup!
But it soon came clear, Gail’s heart was sinking,
She was not thinking
That any ditch will do.

So home we go,
The bath is run,
My coat of mud will soon be gone,
The dirt is flowing down the plughole,
I am left all wet. 

May I return to the beginning,
When Gail is grinning, and I am too. 
The world and I, we are still waiting
Still hesitating**
Any ditch will do. 


*Lyrics inspired by last week's 'Muddy Nobby' photo, with apologies to Andrew Lloyd Webber
**Gail complains that Nobby's adapted lyric here is totally misleading. He never, ever hesitates before jumping in a ditch! 


13 comments:

  1. it fits also to nancy sinatras tunes ... just saying hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...at least the last one looked like clean fresh water. The second one looks like Gail caught you in mid flight. Do you really jump rather than wade in carefully? Paw smacks Mr T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari Om
    Well, Nobby, there's no questioning those terrier genes after seeing all these examples of ditch-diving! Olympic standard, I'd say. Be prepared for lots and lots (and lots) of baths... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Nobby. I guess that ditch does look inviting to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Nobby, Gail will need to buy mega-sized bottles of doggy shampoo. There must be a special one made for doggies who jump in muddy water!

    Love,
    Inca xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can understand the ditch diving, when I was a little girl I could not pass a giant puddle of mud without wading through it. Just like you.. Beau has never seen mud and I am wondering what he would do if he was with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH my WFT friend you have us humming and giggling at the same time, which by the way is hard.
    It appears your terrier nose turned nice Nobby into a naughty Nobby into a
    nanosecond. Kudos to Gail for making a muddy mess in the a melody.
    Nobby did you enjoy the bath?
    Did Gail EVER thank you for being a music muse?
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great version of that song, Nobby. If you don't mind getting a bath then you should be able to have all the fun you want and go ditch diving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure have a talent for finding the most perfect muddy ditches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Appaws!!! Appaws!!!! Mama put the tune on in the background so we could get the full broadway experience....we think you may have a hidden talent for both ditch diving AND song writing!!
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Sunny & Jakey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy cow! That was an excellent ditch and all that wonderful dirt! And a song to go along! Too bad it ended in a bath.
    Rosie and Redford

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMD! You sure love the muddy ditches. None here, were are dry as a bone and the ditches have all evaporated. The rains and the ensuing muddiness are waiting until our Holiday weekend, no doubt.

    Bath-time must have been fun...I used to have to use the hose on MJF if he had gotten into the deer doo...way better than mud at least that is what he opined!

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you woof back!