Monday 5 August 2024

Nobby comes over all modest


It's embarrassing, isn't it, when your parent/owner goes around boasting to all her friends about your performance, but you know in your heart it was only a modest achievement?

Gail is insisting that I post these photos of my first ever rosette won at a dog agility competition last weekend ...

... and she has instructed me to stay silent about all the runs when I got eliminated for a variety of creative "start-line misdemeanours"...

I think you might be more interested to see these cute wee future agility champions spotted in the car park at the Kingdom of Fife DAC show. 

And here's a line of my fellow competitors in the 'Medium' size category. 

Yes they are almost all working cocker spaniels and, it has to be admitted, most of them run faster than me.

It is quite entertaining to watch the humans 'walking the course' before us dogs get a chance to show them how to do it properly...

My new fox terrier friend Flora from Dalgety Bay was also competing at the weekend (at a much higher level than me). She's an old girl now - I hope she won't mind me saying that - but I think you'll agree she's pretty good, albeit a bit noisy at the start!


And finally, at the end of the show, you'll never guess what Gail did. She actually went and bought me a brand new tuggy toy! Maybe I'll forgive her for all that boasting after all. 

16 comments:

  1. wow congrats you are the super nobby!!! bravo bravo!!! and you got a new toy, wow you scored super big!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many congratulations, Nobby. You've done so well and Gail is quite right to be so proud of you. I love the photograph of you on the A-frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari Om
    Well Nobby, colour me super impressed! Just sorry I wasn't there to witness it. Flora did well... but I found myself wondering if there's a handicap score in place for dogs of a certain age? Hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx (sending wishes from Nairn today.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail says: No age handicap score although I think some shows run a 'veterans' category. I think Flora competes at Grade 6 and certainly would have been faster when younger (as we all were!)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, Nobby! That is one beautiful ribbon and you got a tug toy too! Love that first shot of you at the top of the A Frame!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am old and if I could do what Flora does I would bark all the time I did it too.. I am so proud of you and your ribbon and that photo at the top is priceless. you look talented to me. Next time you will get a blue ribbon I am sure...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's terrific, Nobby and Gail—great job running and handling! The rosette is magnificent. Flora's run (of course, she is a veteran) is flawless. I loved the pause before she entered the weave poles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. NOBBY I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOUR FIRST ROSETTE...NO MATTER THE PLACING YOU ARE A WINNER. FLORA IS A FLYING GIRL. I think she feeds her energy with her barking. too funny.
    thank you and Gail for sharing and YOU deserved a new toy...
    did you buy Gail anything?
    hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on winning your first rosette, Nobby. We think it's perfectly expected for Gail to boast of such a great accomplishment for you and her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. APPAWS!!! Great job Nobby, we think a little boasting(and the new tuggie toy) was well deserved. We were amazed at Flora's performance too!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  10. To us you are a champion and soon you will have the ribbon to prove it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooray!! And congrats, Nobby! To us you're a champ, because we don't do any of that...our MJF might have given the chance...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Nobby - we're so proud to know that you've won your very first rosette! I like to see the owners running about too - it gives encouragement! Fortunately I'm too old now to start agility training and I'd have the shame and embarassment that Carol most certainly couldn't keep up!
    So we'll leave the it to you youngsters and wish you luck.
    Love,
    Paca xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your ribbon, Nobby!!! You are at the top with us, just like on that frame. Your friend Flora did very well; she sure sounded excited about her run.

    Woos - Misty and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! Congratulations on your ribbon! It's very pretty! Also, you look pawesome and athletic zooming over that A-frame!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your 3rd place finish! There's only one way to go on from now---up and up! And those little puppies made our mom swoon, so cute!

    Rosie and Redford

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you woof back!