Monday 11 December 2023

Star of the DDAC Christmas Party?

Really, I can't imagine what the humans were thinking. 

Who plans these Christmas parties anyway?

So last Tuesday, Gail drove us the two miles to Drumforskie Farm (base of the Deeside Dog Agility Club) and I was expecting to be let out of the car right away, as usual, and led into the big barn for my weekly agility rampage training session. 

But it was not to be. 

I was made to wait in the boot for ages and ages. 

Things finally looked up when I was released, and even better when inside the barn I spotted a spread of delicious foodables, laid out on the table right by the starting line of the 'jumping and tunnels' course.

But you will understand that I was also mighty confused by the set up. Why would any dog sit patiently at the start of the course when an aroma of delicious sausage rolls and Gevulde Speculaas (a Dutch speciality baked by Harrison's owner Teegan) was filling his nostrils?

Well finally, after some firm 'encouragement' by trainer Shaun, I reconciled myself to running over the jumps and through the tunnels rather than making a beeline for the treat table.

I think you'll agree if you watch the short video below that I put on an absolutely splendid performance. British viewers might recognise my homage to the late great Eric Morecambe's playing of the Grieg Piano Concerto. "All the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order"...

And no-one has ever doubted that I am an agile dog.

Oh if only one could say the same for my owner Gail...


Thanks go to Alison for the fine camera work.

Gail says I must also thank the rest of our friends at Deeside Dog Agility Club for tolerating my 'exuberance', both at the party last week and at the training sessions over the previous months...

15 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Well, Nobby... I rather think you had the better grasp of the trail on this occasion. I do hope there was no spraining or straining 'hangover' for Gail... and that there might have been a crumb or 87 fallen from that feast trestle later!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are fantabulous... you event managed the double rittberger jump at your human... that is a piece of art... welldone...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so fast, Nobby, and I think all of the circling around stuffs caused poor Gail's spill. We hope she gets extra rest up time today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that did make me laugh. You did very well, Nobby - lots of spring. I was most impressed by the speed with which Gail got to her feet after slipping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, Nobby and high marks for creativity in running the course. Gail's swift recovery was impressive, too. Treats all around were well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a fine job to me.. wild clapping that Gail can get up that fast with nothing to hold on to. if i went down i would have to have assistance. you should enter in an Exuberance Contest and you would win paws down

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were flying through that agility course, Nobby. We hope Gail is okay after her little spill and we love your little added jump at the end by the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nobby well done on patiently waiting you did a wonderful job in, out, over and above all the agility course. Ouch I hope Gail didn't sprain or strain her leg/foot. I commend her on her agile recovery she bounced up like a true Terrier Mom.
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Appaws, Appaws" What a wonderful job you did Nobby...we especially liked your bouncing towards the end!

    Tell Gail not to fret, we can definitely imagine our Mama slipping more than once!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was non-stop entertsinment Nobby. Super agile; and loved the bounce at the end. How do you guys as a team remember the order of things?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Nobby, you run like the speed of lightening! Carol says that you are even faster than I am! We hope that Gail had no after effects from her tumble and admire how quickly she recovered. We also hope that you were given a sausage roll or two!
    Love,
    Paca xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh ~ awesome Nobby and what fun ~ great video ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Nobby, you have learned a lot about that agility stuff. I Benji would love to run a course like that...but alas we don't know of any in our locale. There are some little ones in the local dog parks, but we don't go to them...too much talk of dog flu and other illnesses,.
    You sure a re fast one!! We perked up at the barks we heard.
    Hope Gail is OK and didn't feel bad the next day. Petcretary would have slid to the ground too, so don't feel too embarrassed she said😃

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you both look amazing doing that agility course! We are very impressed with you both!

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you woof back!