Friday 20 October 2023

Too much weather...

Thursday was looking quite promising. Or so I thought. 

First of all, I noticed that Gail did not get dressed in what I now recognise to be her cycling clothes (black leggings, bright orange top). Always a Good Thing. 

She took me to the park after breakfast let me play at length with a new friend, cocker spaniel Georgie. See how his tail is almost as waggly as mine! Black lab neighbour Angus showed up too, although he's not a great one for rough and tumble. 

It was quite windy, but that's fun, right? 

Shortly after we got back to the house I started to hear rain pelting against the window and a strengthening gale tearing branches off trees. So I curled up in my favourite chair while Gail busied herself with baking some cheese and haggis scones. 

Mid afternoon, this hooded apparition, wrapped head-to-toe in Gore-Tex, disturbed my haggis-related reverie and proclaimed, with what I suspect was forced jolliness: "Righty-ho Nobby, time for our afternoon outing, I think you might be needing this". She proceeded to dress me in my red waterproof jacket (which I am not at all sure I like).

We just walked a short distance along the disused railway line. The weather was perfectly horrid. 

I surveyed the scene and decided that if I scrambled up the embankment and stood beside the wall I would be better sheltered from the Storm Babet. 

When Gail called I refused to budge until she tempted me down with a nice treat. Then she put on my lead and we were both happy to return to our dry and cosy home, and watch videos of the storm on the local news outlets. Gail charged her phone and torch, and checked her supply of candles. 

Happy Nature Friday friends. Thanks once again to our wonderful friends Rosy and Sunny for hosting this blog hop. We hope the weather's better where you are! 


19 comments:

  1. Cheese and haggis scones? Now there is a mind boggling combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail says: Trust me, it's the perfect snack to take on a wintery bike ride or hill walk in the north of Scotland!

      Delete
    2. I've never heard of that combination of flavours for scones, but they sound like the perfect food to have on hand if your power goes out. Hopefully the storm passes quickly with less damage than predicted, and you both keep safe and dry.

      Delete
  2. oooh a playdate and tasty scottish food.. that's the life... we are confused when our staff says we "need" an outing... howly god we are no seals nor sardines who wants to gou out when it looks like in venice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Well, Nobby, I think you look quite dashing in the red outfit - I advise you to bring it with you here next week as I cannot promise that there will be much improvement of weather conditions... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look as though you had fun with Georgie, but Angus didn't look too impressed!
    We had the high winds in the afternoon and it got really fierce, and the sky was full of thunder clouds. I didn't even want to go out into the garden. It's much cooler today and looks as though autumn has finally caught up with us.
    Difficult to believe that there were people swimming in the sea and sunbathing when we went to our favourite beach café on Wednesday.
    Love,
    Paca xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great in your red raincoat, Nobby, and it keeps you dry! We hope your weather gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the romp in the park with friends looks and sounds like fun, the rainy walk not so much. we don't have to walk in rain, when it rains here, which it has forgotten how to do, it comes and goes quickly, allowing for walking without rain. in 3years with beau he has gotten WET twice only. the bad thing is we are in the city and you could not be off leash.... you would not like that. i looked up haggis and please you can eat mine, not to my taste. although my mother fed me tripe when i was a child and did not know what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had a dreadful rain day like that last Friday. It was positively dreadful. At least you got some fun playtime in first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Nobby I did so enjoy your video. 3 Musketeers romping and greeting as only K9's can do with such glee. Angus had a spurt of energy too.
    Weather that threatens ones light and heat source is not my favorite either.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Nobby always so glad to see you and what fun you had at the park ~ great video ~ Rainy weather here too in MA USA ~ Always great to get home and be cozy ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your day,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A good romp with friends is always fun. I'm pleased to read that you survived Storm Babet. It sounded horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Nobby, you have some great moves when you play!!

    What a nice afternoon outing you and Gail had, looks like quite a storm that moved in. We hope your power stayed on!!!
    xoxo,
    Rosy and Sunny
    PeeEss...You look so fetching in your rain wear. Pink really is your color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You and your friends look like you were having lots of fun playing together. We don't like going outside in nasty weather either, Nobby, but at least you got a snack for it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi friend, Ojo here! Being Outside is good, but sometimes being home can be better! Also, it looks like you had lots of fun with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Parents are at their weakest in bad weather. Good job taking advantage

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad that storm didn't blow or wash you away! Yikes! We don't like the storms and have to shoved through the doggy door ...we need a helping hand in such conditions, BOL!! Drizzle, well, no problem, but when its buckets and gales, no thanks, we'll hold it...but *she* thinks we won't! BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry about the horrid rain, Nobby. We have several days of heavy rain expected next week. Mom says that means mud!!!

    But you had fun with your furry pals. You have quite the busy tail)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are very smart Nobby to find a little refuge from the wind and rain. And we must admit, you look very snappy in your rainwear!

    Rosie and Redford

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you woof back!