Monday 28 August 2023

The Kiss

No this post is not about a certain now notorious incident that happened following Spain's recent victory in the Women's Footlball World Cup Final....

We've just spent a lovely weekend staying with Gail's friend Molly and Neil, who live in Macduff. So much excitement as we were not the only visitors, and with seven people and three dogs in the house, oh the tales I could tell if only I had the time...

Gail suggests I just focus on one particular scene on Sunday morning, when I was making friends with young Meg, also a guest in the house, who was reclining on the living room sofa. 

Does this photo remind you of anything? 

Neil and Meg (artists both) agreed that it called to mind 'The Kiss', a famous work (so I've just learned) by prominent Austrian painter Gustav Klimt

To help you see the parallels, I've done a wee bit of image cropping and rotation.

What do you think? 

P.S. Apparently I need to make sure in future that I gain the consent of any attractive young ladies before jumping on them and kissing them. I had the distinct impression that Meg rather enjoyed my attentions, but Gail says that us males sometimes misinterpret signals...

14 comments:

  1. your kiss is much better than the one of mr. klimt. art with a whft is anyway the best ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Well, Nobby, there is no denying the similarity to the great painting! And Gail is quite correct - though reading body signals is a bit of minefield, it has to be said, one should always err on the side of caution for decorum. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very clever interpretation of a famous painting Nobby. I love to kiss people too if I get the chance, but Carol has explained that it's not very hygienic and not a good idea if I've just had a bit of a clean up!
    Love,
    Paca xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The artist in you is coming to the fore, Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nobby what other famous artworks can you recreate without it looking contrived? That certainly did not look contrived and the home you are visiting looks wonderfully inviting and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally missed the kiss at first look because I was zooming and staring at the big art piece on the wall behind the sofa. beautiful. your kiss and the art kiss are very much alike. just tell the girl be glad you are not Beau the dane mix or Windston the mastiff, you fit perfectly for this kiss. I can't see why anyone would not want to be kissed by you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BOL BOL BOL Nobby!!! I purrsonally think pups and kitties can tell in a nano second when they first meet a 2 legger whether or not they are kind and loving.
    It appears to me that Meg was such a lady...and might I add smart!
    Gail is right though is it is always best to sniff out the situation first.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. We think Meg was enjoying your kisses, Nobby. It's uncanny how you captured the essence of that famous painting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We know The Kiss from watching too much Fake or Fortune!
    We see Meg's arm wrapped around you, Nobby, so clearly she is liking your kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We pups give kisses to everyone who comes here to visit our house. We are just that friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking good Nobby, definitely a work of art!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nbby, there is no doubt that Meg was enjoying our tender kisses. If she didn't, we don't think you would have lasted long on that sofa:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you woof back!