Monday 22 May 2023

Masculinity and 'the snip'


I'm a bit worried that some of my friends might have seen those pictures of me in a pink frock last Friday and thought: "Oh dear, poor Nobby, it looks like he's gone all girlie since he had that little 'snip' back in February. Or maybe it's that, being at an impressionable age, he's been hearing too much discussion in the media about gender identity and is thinking of transitioning...".

Well, dear readers, I would like to reassure you this is very much NOT the case, and in every important respect, I am still ALL BOY.

It is true that, on my morning walk, I no longer feel the urge to pee on every single lamp post and tree trunk as I walk down our street. But please be aware, my motivation is that fewer stops mean I get to the park quicker and thus have more time to play boisterous games of rough and tumble with my park pals.

Shortly before my February day at the vet - about which I don't remember too much - Gail had confiscated my favourite toy, Sophie Snow Leopard, apparently on the basis that we were developing "too intimate a relationship" (whatever that's supposed to mean). 

Well I'm delighted to report that last week a freshly laundered Sophie reappeared in my toy box. Our relationship has evolved somewhat, but is no less exciting than before, as demonstrated in the video below.


So as you see, I am still confident and secure in my masculinity.

There will be no need for me to apply for one of those fast track Gender Recognition Certificates that our Scottish Government wants to introduce. And I promise you I will never ever again wear a Pink Frock.

16 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Well, Nobby, video evidence is all that's needed to make the point, lad! Not, I suspect, that anyone really questioned your status. And I am of the opinion that real men are not afraid of pink. My dad had several shirts of that hue... hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha we are glad you need no certificate and you are always the best nobby in all the land

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're quite a quiet player, Nobby, but even so, Roxy and Gilbert heard and barked. (I was wearing headphones) Glad to hear you're not doubting your masculinity but I agree with YAM-aunty - real men can and do wear pink :-) (but maybe not frocks!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, Nobby, poor Sophie Snow Leopard must have had such a headache - you really showed her who's the macho boss!
    This morning Carol went shopping and left me all alone for the first time, so I had to guard the house. When she came home she put a strange looking thing* against the chair on the rug I usually lie on. I'm not sure I trust it, whatever it is, but I've barked and barked at it and it doesn't answer me! How am I going to be able to tell it off? I can't see us having a meaningful relationship.
    Love,
    Amber xx
    * It's a Dinosaur soft toy, and I think we'll call him Derek, though he's unlikely to last as long as the now de-stuffed Harry Hedgehog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh a dinosaur, what fun Amber! Gail says you'll surely make sure he's extinct before too long...

      Delete
  5. You are giving Sophie quite the shaking, Nobby! You are definitely all boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophie sure got Shook, and I got laughter watching. I just came here from laughing at the prezels nelly and da phenny. I never even thought about it being pink, although a dress on you was a bit odd... you looked so cute it matter not one whit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nobby you made me giggle this morning. OMDs thank Goodness you are all boy still. Amazing what a snip and a good washing can do to develop a long lasting friendship between you and Snowy. OMDs so very thank you are happy in the furs and skin you had a births
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure were having a fun time with Sophie, Nobby. Walter says you don't have to worry about your masculinity after your snip. It sure hasn't stopped him from always marking over where Millie pees. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Nobby, what a fun bouncing time you're having with Sophie. I was a little worried that Sophie's head or your head might fly off; you really know how to shake it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. But Nobby, this Thursday is National Dress Day, and Mama is trying to convince us to wear a dress...we were hoping you would join us, BOL!
    xoxo,
    Rosy and Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nobby, we never had any doubt at all about your masculinity, but we think your post was definitely. a good idea. The video was so much fun to see, and that last shot is a hoot.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, what fun it was for you to have at it with your snow leopard! Yes, we see you are all BOY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never had a doubt you were all boy, but I think you are in touch with your feminine side.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're glad you're doing well, Nobby. Rosie and Baby got their spay months ago, and they're still girlie girl princesses. But they can get a bit tomboyish when they're playing with a squeaky toy, like you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Snow Leopard toy is amazing! Shake shake shake! And our mom wished that Redford's snip so many years ago would have stopped the marking on everything, but alas. Every spot must be peed on!

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you woof back!