Wednesday 21 December 2022

Setting the record straight


Well as you can see, I've been having fun out and about in the snow this week. So much so in fact that I fear I've left it rather late to get in touch with Santa Claus. But it has come to my notice how he might have been receiving 'mixed messages' about my behaviour these past eleven months, so I hope this wee poem will set the record straight...


Dear Father Christmas

Let me remind you how I'm Nice 
(It's possible you've got it wrong!)
But 'Naughty Nobby' cuts no ice,
So many good things I have done.

When Gail lost Bertie and was sad,
I came along and cheered her up,
With limitless exuberance, 
And being just the cutest pup.

I love to travel in a car,
I never bark, or whine or yap,
I love to meet dogs in the park.
I'm such an affable young chap.

In cafés I'm so well-behaved
You'd scarcely know I'm there at all,
And out on walks, when off the lead
I generally come when called.

At night I settle in my crate,
And sleep right through 'til break of day.
And then, with thanks, I meditate
On all the fun I'll have today.

And all my so-called 'Naughtiness',
(No need, I think, to catalogue),
Can, without doubt, be reassessed
As great material for my blog!


13 comments:

  1. Nobby that snow is quite deep, and you had such fun with your friend!
    I love the poem.
    Don't worry, I'm sure Father Christmas will come to visit you - you've been quite a good boy most of the time. I have been a naughty girl and won't take my tablets - no matter how well they are wrapped up in something tasty. So I don't suppose F.C. will look quite so kindly on me!
    Love,
    Indy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos and poem! Father Christmas is going to be very good to you, Nobby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Well, Nobby, I think you have done a good amount there to repair any rips in your rep! I hope it reaches Santa before the big eve (I am awaiting two items known to have been posted some time ago and have yet to arrive...) Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is no doubt at all in my mind that you are on the top of the NICE list! and we have enjoyed every thing you do no matter if it is nice/naughty. your photos today and pawfect in every way and caused a huge smile on my face. you make me feel happy just watchinig you be YOU

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nobby OMDs you are should be the official Poet Laurate of Aberdeen!
    I am 99.9% positive there will be treats galore for you.
    I can relate to this "I generally come when called". My excuse is I am older than dirt and sometimes don't hear.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Nobby! I'm certain Father Christmas will have a few things for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After that poem Nobby, I am sure that you will wake up on Christmas Day to find that Santa Paws has left you lots of lovely food treats and a present or two outside your crate for you to enjoy! Wishing you and Gail a wonderful Christmas and all the best for 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the poem and your love of snow should sea; the deal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't worry, Santa Paws are a pretty forgiving guy. BOL, we know from experience!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "All dogs go to heaven" (an indisputable fact). Ergo, all dogs are good, i.e., Nice. As a scientist, I am certain Gail can follow your theorem. Lovely winter solstice photos! I particularly like you and the BC! Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're sure Santa will put you on the nice list, Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet and perfect poem! You are a very GOOD pup Nobby!

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you woof back!