Wednesday 15 June 2022

The joys of youth!



A Day in the Life


A puppy's life, I highly recommend,
From dawn to dusk, excitement without end!
I wake, and stretch, and in my puppy head
I plan new mischiefs. Shall I try to shred 
A cushion? No. I'll start to dig a hole
- Australia would be a worthy goal..

Then to the Park, where every dog's my pal,
(Until they realise I stole their ball... )
When Gail shouts "Nobby, come!" I might obey,
Or not, depending how I feel that day.
I'll gambol, scamper, run and run and run.
You think I'm tired? I've only just begun! 

Perhaps we'll go exploring somewhere new,
A beach, or wood, or riverbank will do.
I treasure each fresh scent, each sight and sound,
The way my paws sink into boggy ground,
The feeling of the wind that lifts my ears,
The sense of being young and without fear.

And as the day draws to a close, I grab
My favourite toy and jump onto Gail's lap,
Curl up, and there together we unwind,
Dog and his human, fondly now entwined.
And if that cushion is undamaged still,
This terrier can plot a future kill... 

18 comments:

  1. yes... the pillow can end in pieces later... that's a super poem!!! bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Well, Nobby, we've discovered something else of your developing character... you can write pretty poetry! Pawfeck. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 paw High Five! you know we love poetry and this is Pawfect!!! we love the closing line.... plot on Pup, we are waiting for the next poem to tell us what is up..

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW standing ovation Nobby you are obviously Gail's muse!!
    Well done Gail, we read it at breakfast very very impressed.
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love your poem about your daily life. You sure are a busy pup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There was young whippet called Oscar
    Who gave the love he could muster
    But if he met a Fox Terrier
    He'd be even merrier
    For what more could a young whippet ask-for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How great it is to be young!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nobby, we see great sonnets in your future(and maybe a shredded cushion)!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are as green as your river bank with envy of your river bank - and it sounds to us like you are keeping Gail young too. paw smacks Mr T

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaah - sounds like a day of great fun!!!

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have brought me back to the happy days of being a puppy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi young friend, Ojo here! What a great poem! And what a great life you have!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Puppyhood, and youngster time is the best part of being a doggy! Esp a WFT!

    MJF was like hat in is day...we came here as mostly grown, though I Benji, was still a puppy of about 6 months...my brofur Dalton, came here at over a year old, and I don't think he has cast off his baggage yet...

    That is a pawsome poem, Nobby!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a very nice poem Nobby - what fun you're having!

    Love,
    Inca xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are a very talented poet! We especially like the twist at the end! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you woof back!