Wednesday 20 April 2022

Nuisance Nobby?

So I've been trying to be helpful about the house and garden, I really have. Although to date my human has failed to recognise this. She has even been calling me (and this is one of the politer names) 'Nuisance Nobby'.

But it's appropriate to taste the water in the bucket, to check suitability for use in washing the floor, is it not? 

Likewise, one has to carefully, and repeatedly, examine for texture and chewability the bristles on each of the brooms Gail uses. Everyone knows how inefficient it is to sweep a surface with the wrong sort of brush.

In the garden, I look for other opportunities to be of use, assisting with the digging up of weeds and of course ensuring the trowel is moved to where Gail can find it (or not).

The grip of the handles on a pair of old secateurs can be greatly improved with the addition of special puppy teeth marks*. Gail will appreciate this when I no longer have my 'land shark' dentition...

I even tried to assist Gail in cleaning her bicycle with an oily rag I found just lying around, but no, you've guessed it, once more not appreciated. 

It seems the only thing I can do right in Gail's eyes at the moment is to sit quietly on the arm of the old sofa and adopt my 'adorable watch dog' pose... 

*Gail says: The whole truth here is that Nobby merely improved on some earlier work on the secateurs (originally executed by his much missed predecessor Bouncing Bertie).

18 comments:

  1. seems you bought your garden scissors at the same store like we .... there is no handle nor a grip without this super design ;O)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobby, it's sad that Gail doesn't appreciate your help - but that's humans for you. They complain that there's much work to do, then complain again when we try to help!
    I don't bother to chew things now because as an old lady my teeth aren't too good. Some of my predecessors (I'm no.6) have made short work of things like the TV remote - now that really gets them furious!!! Though I don't know why they get so worked up when they can never find the thing anyway!
    Take my advice and just sit on the arm of the old sofa, and adopt your adorable watch dog pose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds to me like you have been a great help Nobby. Humans need things for their brains to work on, and they need attentive companions. I am currently desk-napping which involves moving papers about the desk to improve the filing system and then parking myself on top (to hold them down). Keep up the good work. paw smacks Mr T

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was love from Inca of course! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail truly doesn't appreciate all of your wonderful helpfulness, Nobby! You do look so adorable on the sofa arm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hari OM
    Well, Nobby, I say keep up the attempt at helpfulness for surely you will hit upon the one thing that proves invaluable to Gail... though it might pay to build on the things you know she appreciates, too!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx
    Q=Query

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nobby having your skills under appreciated is very disrespectful. A day in the life of Nobby this is, actually, hilarious from way of here across the Pond! I am recalling the trials and tribulations we had the first 8 weeks Angel Madi's life. We were often heard sayin "Milky-Way never did that". I am glad Gail is documenting these most notorious Nobby antics. Before long I predict you will magically turn into a Scottish Gent.
    Hugs and head pats to you both
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, you have been busy! what a wonderful life! the thing is, the naughty part is a nuisance, butt the pose looking out the window makes all that stuff forgotten . When Beau sits and stares out the window we say "I love that dog" and he loves to hear us say it. so here you to. "I love that Nobby" tooooo cute for words.. Baby girl once ate my drivers license, costing me an hour in line and 38 dollars for a new one. she also ate a 125.00 gift check from my dad...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure look like you're having a good time helping Gail with her chores around the house, Nobby. You sure look cute sitting on the arm of the sofa in your guard dog position.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We think, in time, Gail will grow to appreciate your help Nobby!!
    xoxo,
    Sunny, Rosy and Jakey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seems you're a busy boy! But how else will you learn about what's OK to chew on and play with if you don't explore?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nobby is so small…..and cute……and helpful….

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nobby! You look so adorable!!! Nice Nobby or naughty Nobby... I think it's more like (p)awesome Nobby!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three cheers for you, Nobby for pitching right in to help! Adorable no matter what, right?

    ReplyDelete
  15. You’ll find Nobby that much of your help is, alas, not appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwww, Nobby wants to be a working breed!

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you woof back!