Friday 8 March 2024

(Not) Playing Ball


So Gail came back LATE from her Thursday bike ride and wondered why I did not leap up to greet her instantly when she stepped inside the house. 

I guess she thinks I have nothing better to do than sit at the front window anxiously awaiting her return. 

Anyway,  I made it quite clear that I had important business to attend to and that just because she wasn't playing ball it didn't mean that I couldn't.

Gail then tried to interest me in her photos of some newborn lambs they'd cycled past in a field on the way to Stonehaven. 

Frankly I wasn't impressed by the photos. I was even less impressed when Gail tried to tell me how I was a lucky boy because her friends had been discussing what they did when they got home after a ride and all the others said the first thing was to either eat, take a shower or clean their bike, whereas Gail claimed she always prioritised taking me out for a walk. 

Oh, to be strictly accurate, they ALL said the VERY first thing was to have a cup of tea.

(I was clearly much mistaken in imagining that these ladies would discuss the state of the world and the meaning of life while pedalling along the Aberdeenshire byways...)

Well I did get my afternoon walk, albeit a short one, in nearby Clochandighter Wood yesterday. My word, the weather is grey and gloomy right now. I bet those little lambkins are yearning to be back inside mummy sheep's womb!

Happy Nature Friday! 

13 comments:

  1. A little sunshine wouldn't go amiss but at least you don't have to live outside in the fields, like the lambkins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have 50 shades of gray here too... where is the sun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari Om
    It is turning rather taciturn in the sky as I travel north... still, nature is as nature does and you are a dog who embraces the fullness of nature, methinks! Hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. At last! After a week of not being able to comment (no thanks to Google) we are now able to join the party.
    I find a soft toy helps when Carol leaves me on my own, but usuallly I have a sleep instead, so I'm full of energy when she comes home!
    The lambkins looks so pretty, I don't think we have them in this part of the country.
    Love,
    Paca xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grey and gloomy where you are is so pretty, Nobby. We have huge puddles and mud in too many places.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fingers and paws crossed the sunshine comes your way soon and the away goes the gloom. you are smart to play ball alone while awaiting the return of the tea drinking mama.. life goes on and you are blessed with a good mama and lots of walkies

    ReplyDelete
  7. When Mom lived on the North Sea Coast in Germany, she loved lamb season. You could walk dogs along the dike where the sheep were and see all the tiny lambs, and every now and then some black ones. She says Katie and Emma didn't care about them as they grew up walking among sheep so it was nothing special to them. Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those lambs are cute but taking you for a walk should definitely be Gail's top priority, Nobby. You look like you were having fun on your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BOL BOL Nobby no moss will grow you for certain. While the Gail is a way the Nobby plays!! Lambing season...awwww.

    I hope you and Gail didn't see any slugs (:-) while you were out trekking on that beautiful trail. Your last photo is lovely.

    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those baby lambs are so cute, but we think you are cuter Nobby and deserve all the walks all the time!

    Rosie and Redford

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful picture of you amon your native nature Nobby...and the lambs sure are cute!!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! Hurray for Ball! Not hurray for waiting for your person. We have grey and gloomy right now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are smart to not let your mom see how much you missed her. It is hard to maintain that. Why would you be impressed? I think it's just same sheep different day.

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you woof back!